04 October, 2010

War Heads

does anyone else remember these?!?! the super sour candies that ripped your tongue into shreds and rendered you incapable of tasting anything for days? why were they so destructive!?

i used to love sour candy. don't get me wrong, i still enjoy sour punch straws (cherry thank you very much!) and sour patch kids, especially on road trips with an orange soda and a bag of purple skittles.

i eat like crap on road trips.

as i've gotten older and wiser and found out just how much sugar/chemicals goes into making sour candy (that explains the massive stomach aches), i've found myself less attracted to it.

my gallbladder also came out in 2003, so i don't handle candy well or any mass forms of sugar (think soda, juice, cookies, cake, frosting is a big one.... all of that makes me sick. go on, pity me. i deserve it.).

there is, however, one sour thing left in my life that i absolutely love and can eat outrageous quantities of:

sourdough bread.

even as i type the words my heart starts racing and i can feel myself revving up as my salivary glands kick into gear.

I. LOVE. BREAD.

and i've been making a ton of it lately. i'm going to throw a recipe for amish white bread up here in a day or two-- it's vegan and DELICIOUS!!!!!

anywho, i googled sourdough bread and found a great site that really puts things into simple terms. you can find it here.

yesterday i began what will be approximately a week long endeavor that i'm praying will end in the most delicious bread i've ever created.

after i've consumed the entire loaf with some butter, i will post the process and pictures.

i don't think a whole lotta people read this, but if there are in fact hundreds of you and someone wants to follow those directions along with me, i would LOVE to see your results and compare breads in a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment