30 September, 2010

New Directions

this blog will have nothing to do with glee, but my unnecessary love for the show makes me giddy and light headed at my ability to use the team name as my title for a post. also, i sincerely hope that lea michele reads this because it 100% pertains to her.  kind of.

i've decided that this blog needs more direction than "write something funny". it's too vague and it often turns into me ranting and complaining about something not worth complaining about. my husband can tell you (behind my back) that i already whine far too much, so i think it's time to turn this ship around and be funny yet PRODUCTIVE!!!!

a dear friend of mine suggested that i pull a julie and julia this summer when i was missing my husband, living with my parents, and in a general funk. unfortunately, the funk strongly resembled the blob and i was rendered immobile, stuck to the ceiling in someone's office, hands unable to fit the pages of a cookbook between my sludge-filled fingers.

but now my son and i are back with my husband, my kitchen aid mixer is out on my counter, and we are slowly reuniting ourselves with our normal food staples.

now, to turn this around on me for a moment! i eat primarily vegetarian-- lacto ovo, which means i eat dairy products and eggs. i also occasionally eat fish and very rarely eat other kinds of meat. i am by no means an animal activist. i can't even think about what happens in processing plants long enough to become offended. i made the choice to eat less meat years ago because it was slightly more cost effective and significantly healthier. meat became a regular part of my diet again when i was pregnant because i had lost so much weight i simply began consuming everything i could stomach to try to gain weight.

we're back to a primarily vegetarian diet now, for ethical, health, and monetary reasons.

for monetary and health reasons, i also make a lot of things from scratch now. i want to use this blog to share recipes, trials, and errors with you. battleofthebulger will be a battle against bulge-- bulging tummies, bulging debts, and bulging.... lack of ethics? that doesn't really make sense, but you get the idea.

i have no credentials and no experience, and most of what i find is on the internet!! but i do have a lot of heart, a lot of humor, and a lot of time on my hands to cook. oh, and i have a bad-ass camera that i can take sweet pictures with, so that might be worth tuning in for!!!

i hope this shift isn't too boring for anyone. however, if it is... reconsider your friendship with me, because my life basically consists of 2 things: my boys and taking care of them. you're getting the method behind the latter, so technically, this blog will center around half of my life. if you find the blog boring, you'll totally hate me!! :)

love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment