23 April, 2011

New Life

yesterday was earth day. tomorrow is easter. i see a theme going on here :)

there were lots of freebies yesterday--from coffee to body wash--but my favorite freebie came today. a freebie i'd been waiting for since my husband informed me of it about a week ago.


lowes, the home improvement store, is giving away a million trees today! all across the nation!!! FREE!!! tiny baby trees that are meant to grow specifically in your usda climate zone! WHAAAA?!?!! go to lowes!!!


jp was clearly excited. he helped me plant our aleppo pine while e took pictures. we named the tree "peeta"


what a fun lesson for him!! he threw the sapling shortly after this picture was taken... whoops??


the recommendation for this lil guy (and thank heaven's there WAS a recommendation, because i have no idea how to care for a pine tree!!) was to put him in a small-ish pot for a year and then plant him in the spring or fall.

so next year, on earth day, my 2.5 year old (who, let me point out, will ACTUALLY be able to help me!! whoa!) and my hopefully-8-months-old-and-no-younger baby boy will help mommy plant peeta in the ground. perhaps we'll have a fun tree dedication! daddy, we hope, will be on hand to snap pictures.

so, in keeping with our theme, for easter we got jp his own tiny wheelbarrow and some fun outside/beach toys :) we're going to hide his eggs in the potted plants that have essentially taken over our porch until we move next friday.

oh yeah, we're moving on friday. as in, 6 days from now. HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment